Klopp: You could write a book about David Luiz

Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp claims the nomadic career of Chelsea defender David Luiz could be chronicled into a book.

The Brazil international returned to Stamford Bridge on the final day of the transfer window for a reported fee of £34million, just two years after being sold to Paris Saint-Germain for £50m a record sum for a defender.

Luiz has won league titles and domestic cups with Benfica, PSG and Chelsea, as well as the Champions League and Europa League with the Premier League side, despite being dogged by criticism for some erratic performances over the years.

Klopp considers his career to be a remarkable one but insists the 29-year-old poses a formidable obstacle for his forwards to overcome.

I think it s an interesting and impressive career. …

Rode expects Stoger to be replaced at Dortmund

Borussia Dortmund midfielder Sebastian Rode added weight to reports Lucien Favre is set to take over from Peter Stoger at the club, saying the players fully expect to have a new coach next season .

Stoger has guided Dortmund from eighth place to third in the Bundesliga since taking over from Peter Bosz in December 2017, but his contract is due to expire in June and Nice coach Favre is favourite to replace him.

Ahead of next Saturday s final day trip to Hoffenheim, where Dortmund need a point to secure Champions League football next season, Rode said the mood at the club suggests Stoger will not be signing a new deal.

That s what we assume, he told Sky Sport News. The way he expresses himself in the locker room, we fully expect to have a new coach next season…

Reina completes Napoli return

Goalkeeper Pepe Reina has returned to Napoli after agreeing a mutual termination of his contract at Bayern Munich.

The former Liverpool star made 43 appearances for the Serie A club on loan in 2013-14 before heading back to Anfield and promptly signing for Bayern.

However, the 32-year-old played only three games for the Bundesliga champions – and was sent off in his last appearance – as he served as back-up to Manuel Neuer.

As such, Bayern agreed to terminate his contract, with their deputy chairman Jan-Christian Dreesen paying tribute to the Spaniard.

Pepe Reina has asked us to release him from his contract because at Napoli he has the chance to play on a regular basis, Dreesen said in a statement.

In both a sporting and human sense, he was…

Porto confirm Atletico move for Martinez

Porto have confirmed Jackson Martinez s move to Atletico Madrid has taken a step closer after the Liga club met the release clause in his contract.

The striker has been widely tipped to leave the Stadio Dragao after three years in Portugal, with Atletico, Arsenal and Milan all linked with a move.

However, last week the Spanish club emerged as favourites to land the 28-year-old, with Martinez telling reporters at the Copa America he would sign a four-year deal in Madrid.

And Porto have now confirmed to the Portuguese Securities and Market Commission that Atletico have activated the €35million clause in his contract, paving the way for talks to begin over his transfer.

Martinez has scored 92 goals in 136 appearances for Porto, helping them to one Primeir…

Mourinho stands by Casillas axing

Real Madrid coach Jose Mourinho believes his decision to omit Iker Casillas was a success despite his side s 3-2 loss to Malaga.

Mourinho s selection of Antonio Adan between the sticks instead of the club captain caused many fans to raise eyebrows, and Real subsequently lost at La Rosaleda Stadium.

But Mourinho played down the defeat and hailed the influence of coaches in modern day football.

Maybe it looked like a bad week, but the outcome was fantastic, he told reporters in the United Arab Emirates.

Football changes greatly, but there is one thing that doesn t – the teams continue to be picked by the coaches.

Real return to Champions League action in February against 2010/11 finalists Manchester United in the last 16 of the competition.

Kevin Trapp linked with Bundesliga return

Paris Saint-Germain goalkeeper Kevin Trapp could be returning to German Bundesliga as early as this winter, Le Parisien has claimed.

The highly rated shot-stopper is far from happy with his current status in the squad having lost the starting berth to Alphonse Areola and he is determined to leave the club at the earliest opportunity.

It remains to be seen whether Paris Saint-Germain will be ready to grant his wish, but there has already been some interest in his services.

Le Parisien has learned that Bundesliga outfits Wolfsburg and Leipzig are hot on the trail of the 26-year-old footballer, and they could step up their interest in the January transfer window.

After impressing for Kaiserslautern and Eintracht Frankfurt, Trapp was sold to Paris Saint-Ge…

De Gea will not rule out Real Madrid move

Manchester United goalkeeper David de Gea admitted a thousand things can happen while he is on World Cup duty with Spain as he stopped short of ruling out a move away from the club during the transfer window.

The 27-year-old has long been a target for Real Madrid and speculation is rife that he might join the Champions League winners ahead of the 2018-19 season.

In seven years at Old Trafford, De Gea has become a firm fans favourite and one of Jose Mourinho s most important players, but he would not be drawn on his future at the club.

My future? The important thing is the World Cup and not to think of anything else that can divert you or upset you, De Gea told reporters at Spain s World Cup training camp.

You have to be focused on having a good World Cu…

Nottingham Forest 0-2 Manchester United: Antony and Dalot take Red Devils up to third

Manchester United beat Nottingham Forest 2-0 on Sunday at the City Ground to strengthen their hold on a Champions League qualification spot.

Goals in either half from Antony and Diogo Dalot were enough to take Erik ten Hag s men up to third in the Premier League table, overtaking Newcastle United after their defeat at Aston Villa on Saturday.

Forest – without a win in 10 – remain in the relegation zone, behind Everton on goal difference.

United s injury issues lengthened further after Marcel Sabitzer pulled up with a groin problem in the warm-up, with Christian Eriksen replacing him in the starting line-up, but that did not appear to weaken the Red Devils.

15 Antony has scored his first goal in 15 Premier League appearances he had attempted 38 shots w…

FA rescinds Dominic Calvert-Lewin’s red card from FA Cup clash at Crystal Palace

Dominic Calvert-Lewin’s controversial red card in Everton’s FA Cup third-round clash at Crystal Palace last week has been rescinded, the Football Association has announced.

The striker was facing a three-game ban after being dismissed following a challenge on Palace defender Nathaniel Clyne during the goalless draw at Selhurst Park last Thursday.

Referee Chris Kavanagh initially took no action after contact with Clyne appeared minimal but later sent the 26-year-old off following a VAR review.

— FA Spokesperson (@FAspokesperson)

Everton announced their intention to appeal against the decision the following day and that challenge has proved successful.

A statement from the FA read: “Dominic Calvert-Lewin will be available for Evert…

Hodgson: Dawson deserves recall

England manager Roy Hodgson says Tottenham defender Michael Dawson fully deserves his call-up to the national squad.

The 29-year old has only received four senior international caps since his debut against Hungary in a friendly in August 2010.

But after consistently impressing at the heart of Andre Villas-Boas defence this season, Dawson has been included in the England squad for the 2014 World Cup qualifiers against San Marino and Montenegro.

Michael (Dawson) is in the squad on this occasion in the same way as Rio (Ferdinand) is in the squad on this occasion, because I think their performances merit them being there, Hodgson told Sky Sports News.

Michael hasn t really been a part of my thinking in the past because, to be frank, he hasn t been fit enoug…