´He made it all possible´ – Klopp hails Mane after Liverpool exit

Jurgen Klopp has hailed Sadio Mane as one of Liverpool s greatest ever players following confirmation of his exit to join Bayern Munich.

The Senegal international hinted at his desire to leave Liverpool following the club s Champions League final defeat to Real Madrid and his €41million (£35.2m) move to the Bundesliga champions was confirmed on Wednesday.

Liverpool have already made moves in the transfer market to prepare for Mane s exit, landing Darwin Nunez from Benfica, but Klopp admitted it was a significant moment for the club in a passionate tribute to the 30-year-old.

It’s a big moment. There is no point in anyone trying to pretend otherwise, he told the club s website.  One of Liverpool’s greatest ever players is leaving and we must acknowledge h…

Mane joins Bayern: Forward´s phenomenal Liverpool career in numbers

Sadio Mane s illustrious spell at Liverpool has come to a close after the forward completed a move to Bayern Munich.

The Senegal international had just one year remaining on his contract at Anfield and was yet to agree terms on an extension, leading Liverpool to accept a €41million (£35.2m) bid from the Bundesliga champions for his services.

Mane s departure will leave a void within Jurgen Klopp s attacking ranks, although work had already been done to prepare for the changing of the guard with the signing of Luis Diaz from Porto in January and the capture of Darwin Nunez from Benfica in June.

While Diaz has hit the ground running on Merseyside and expectations are high for Nunez, replacing Mane is certainly no easy feat – as displayed by his record over the…

Mason Greenwood to leave Manchester United after two parties reach agreement

Manchester United and Mason Greenwood have mutually agreed for the forward to recommence his career away from the club.

The 21-year-old has been suspended by the club since January 30, 2022, over allegations relating to a young woman after images and videos were posted online.

Greenwood was facing charges including attempted rape and assault until the Crown Prosecution Service announced six and a half months ago that the case had been discontinued.

The forward has remained suspended by United throughout this period and the club have now confirmed the forward will be not be returning to the Old Trafford set-up.

The PA news agency understands the club are working with Greenwood’s family to find the right environment for him to continue his career, with di…

Depay trains with Atletico Madrid ahead of joining from Barcelona

Memphis Depay was given permission by Barcelona to train with Atletico Madrid on Thursday as the teams negotiate a transfer.

Netherlands international Depay has struggled for playing time at Barca under Xavi and his contract ends at the end of the season.

Widespread reports this week suggested Atleti are prepared to pay an initial €3million for Depay, potentially rising to €4m with add-ons.

While a deal has yet to be struck between the clubs, Atleti have confirmed talks are at an advanced stage, with Depay now training alongside his soon-to-be team-mates.

Memphis, with permission from Barcelona, trained for the first time in Majadahonda while both clubs close their transfer, Atleti posted on their official Twitter page.

, with permission fro…

Much-changed Arsenal draw at PSV Eindhoven in dead-rubber Champions League tie

Arsenal’s much-changed side were lucky to leave the Netherlands with a 1-1 draw in their dead-rubber Champions League tie against PSV Eindhoven.

A goal apiece either side of half-time saw the top two in Group B share the spoils as Eddie Nketiah’s first Champions League goal was cancelled out by Yorbe Vertessen’s smart finish in a draw.

Manager Mikel Arteta said on the eve of the game that, whoever represented Arsenal had a “duty” to win – but his unfamiliar XI were second-best for much of the night.

Onto the round of 16

— Arsenal (@Arsenal)

Arsenal had already secured top spot in Group B, with PSV assured of qualifying alongside them, and the Gunners showed eight changes to the five alterations made by the hosts.

Despite r…

Rumour Has It: Man Utd join Chelsea with strong interest in Roma striker Tammy Abraham

Manchester United have reportedly been sending scouts to watch Roma striker Tammy Abraham, although their pursuit could be complicated by interest from his former club.

Abraham, 25, left Chelsea following the 2020-21 season for a £34million fee, and the England international has already exceeded his Chelsea haul of 82 appearances and 30 goals in less than two seasons in Italy.

After racking up 53 outings and 27 goals in his debut campaign with Roma, Abraham has come back down to earth this time around, with just seven goals in 34 games.

There is said to be interest from United in the striker with 11 senior caps for England, although Chelsea will ultimately have the final say about whether they allow him to head to Old Trafford.

TOP STORY – CHELSEA HOLD TH…

Arsenal linked with AS Roma star Nicolo Zaniolo

Arsenal are interested in signing Nicolo Zaniolo from AS Roma in the January transfer window, according to . The report has claimed that talks between Roma and Zaniolo over a new contract are not going well, and that Premier League club Arsenal plan to make a bid for the Italy international attacking midfielder.

Zaniolo has been on the books of AS Roma since 2018 and has been superb for the Italian club over the years. There have been injury problems for the 23-year-old, but the youngster has done well when he has been fit and available. The Italian has made five appearances in Serie A and has provided one assist in two UEFA Europa League matches so far this campaign.

Arsenal are at the top of the Premier League table at the moment with 24 points from nine matches, a po…

Kaka Retires: Ballon d´Or, Milan glory and Brazil brilliance among career highlights

Scudetto success | 2003-04 

Milan swooped to sign Kaka for what now appears to be a paltry €8.5million, and he repaid them by setting up the Andriy Shevchenko header that sealed the Scudetto ahead of the chasing Roma side led by former Rossoneri coach Fabio Capello. 

January 11, 2004: a new star shines in the red black sky

— AC Milan (@acmilan)

 

Champions League final pain | 2005

Kaka ended up on the losing side of the 2005 Champions League final in Istanbul, where Liverpool rallied from 3-0 down to beat Milan on penalties.

Often forgotten thanks to that extraordinary comeback is the brilliance of Kaka s assist for Milan s third goal, a piercing throughball that split the Liverpool centre-backs and fell perfectly for…

English Coaches Leaving Their Mark on Indian Super League

Most Asian countries are not known for their footballing prowess. Not that Asians are not good in sports, just that football isn t as popular in Asia as it is in Europe, central America and south America.

But in recent years, Asian countries have been working to increase the popularity of the beautiful game of . China and India have spent big amounts of money in a bit to create awareness about football. Both countries have spent big on big name players (mostly those who are at the tail end of their careers) and this they do to create awareness.

The Indian Super League has attracted a lot of big name stars in recent years. One of them is former Arsenal goalkeeper Graham Stack. Graham Stack who was the number two behind Jens Lehman for some years is currently on the books…

Football rumours: Tottenham maintain Conor Gallagher interest

What the papers say

The Metro reports Tottenham have maintained their interest in Chelsea midfielder Conor Gallagher, with a view to a January approach. Citing Sky Sports, the paper says Tottenham’s interest has carried over from the summer, but Chelsea would be seeking big money for the 23-year-old following an impressive start to the season. Gallagher only has 18 months left on his contract, so the Blues would expect to sell him at some point in the next year unless he pens a new deal.

Sporting Lisbon defender Goncalo Inacio is on the radar at Arsenal, according to The Sun. However, the paper says the Gunners are unlikely to make a move in the January window unless they are forced to act due to a serious injury cropping up.

The paper also says another of Tottenham�…